With back-to-school season in the proverbial rear-view, most e-commerce marketers are putting their full focus on planning for Holiday. Given that, let our gift be the first one you open this year. This recording of the Google Shopping webinar we held last week with Seema Vashi, Product and Solution Specialist for Google, and Steve Tutelman, COO of Sidecar, is full of practical tips to one-up the competition in Google Shopping this Holiday.
Seema gave us need-to-know details on what the forthcoming Google Shopping features mean for e-commerce marketers and their PLA campaigns, including:
- Google’s “buy button,” perhaps the most talked about beta feature, lets shoppers make purchases right on PLAs. This feature stands to (finally) give retailers a way to significantly drive conversions on mobile.
- Expandable shopping ads reveal product ratings and store availability. Google has found that one in five shoppers swipe over mobile ads, showing an interest to learn more. Expandable ads can help retailers capture this more qualified traffic.
- Google Now price drop cards reveal price reductions on products that shoppers previously viewed. This feature can give shoppers the needed push to buy the product.
- Increased prioritization of local inventory ads when shoppers search on local intent queries (i.e., “rugs near me”) can drive greater clicks. Google has seen this experience increase clicks on shopping ads by 85 percent for these queries.
Steve, Sidecar’s resident golf pro (not really), dove into practical, proven, and tested strategies we’ve identified to optimize your Google Shopping campaigns for Holiday. Steve covered:
- Why product titles in your product feed make or break your impression share
- How to best use Google’s custom labels to segment your Holiday catalog
- Smart strategies for optimizing your campaign to the product level before Black Friday
Want more? Watch the recording for the scoop and start getting ready for a great Holiday season.