Retail advertising is growing more complex on platforms like Google, Facebook, and Amazon. New ad formats, targeting capabilities, and measurement tools are making it challenging for retail advertisers to understand what good performance looks like on each platform. Knowing these retail advertising benchmarks will be critical to business growth in 2021 and beyond.
Sidecar’s 2021 Benchmarks Report provides retail advertisers with a foundation to benchmark their growth strategy. We analyzed our customer base and reviewed thousands of active ad campaigns across Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon to create this report. Retail advertisers of all sizes can use this report to determine how they measure up to their peers.
Below are some key findings from the 2021 Benchmarks Report.
The Latest Installment in Sidecar’s Award-Winning Benchmarks Series
Following an ITSMA Marketing Excellence Award in 2020, our Benchmarks Report is back to analyze emerging performance trends on Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon. Our most extensive offering yet, the 2021 Benchmarks Report includes:
- Retail advertising benchmarks for 16 retail segments, including apparel & accessories, automotive parts & accessories, books/music/video, computers & electronics, flowers & gifts, food & drink, health & beauty, house & home, jewelry, mass merchant, office supplies, pet care, sporting goods, toys & hobbies, and single- and multi-brand Amazon retailers
- Monthly spend KPIs for retailers of all sizes, including CPC, ROAS, CVR, CTR, AOV, and CPA
- Year-over-year performance comparisons
- Data analysis and advice for retailers advertising on Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon
Get More Retail Advertising Benchmarks Like These
Access the full report and learn how to gauge your business’s growth strategy. The 2021 Benchmarks Report features the KPIs that matter most to you, including:
- Growth metrics like CVR, CTR, AOV, and CPA
- Vertical-specific data for retailers in apparel, house & home, health & beauty, sporting goods, and more
- Performance trends across all platforms, including efficiency gains in Google Shopping and Google paid search
- Increased ROAS across Facebook and Instagram