Google Shopping has arrived. The ad format has evolved from a hot new marketing channel into an e-commerce essential for retailers looking to get the most from their online businesses.
The success of early adopters has attracted newcomers to Google Shopping. The influx of retailers—including Amazon, the world’s largest retailer— is driving competition in the channel to a fever pitch.
Google Shopping’s swift expansion and heightening competition raise new questions. We analyzed e-commerce data across a sample of 300-plus U.S. retailer websites to find answers and reveal the definitive state of Google Shopping today.
Sidecar’s second annual benchmarks report is now available.
This infographic breaks down the report’s highlights:
Check out the full version to learn more about the driving forces behind Google Shopping, and see how your campaigns measure up. The report covers fundamental stats and trends, including:
- Retailers’ ad investment in Google’s search network over the past two years, as well as enhancements made to Google Shopping
- Benchmark metrics across critical KPIs, such as AOV and ROAS, for major retail verticals
- Amazon’s rise in Google Shopping and how retailers can find the white space amid rising competition
- Evolving cross-device conversion trends that show consumers are challenging the path of mobile-desktop conversion
- Results of the 2017 holiday season to help plan your strategies for 2018